New York Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Experiencing a job related injury or illness is physically, emotionally and financially draining. Although you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits, your employer or their workers’ compensation carrier may give you such a difficult time in filing your claim that you may simply want to give up. But with the help of a New York workers’ compensation attorney, you can be confident that you and your family will get the benefits that you deserve.
Since 1971, the legal teams associated with the Law Offices of Kenneth A. Wilhelm have been dedicated to helping workers who have suffered on the job injuries, accidents and illnesses get the compensation they deserve. We will use our knowledge and experience to help you in every aspect of your workers’ compensation claim, from the initial filing, to navigating the hearing process, and even filing an appeal if necessary.
What Is Workers’ Compensation?
Under New York law, employers are required to have workers’ compensation insurance to protect their employees if they suffer an injury during the course of employment or develop a disease caused by workplace conditions.
Any employee of a New York company should be covered under New York State Workers’ Compensation as long as they have suffered a work-related injury or illness. However, even though you may be entitled to benefits, successfully filing for benefits is a difficult process that demands the assistance of an experienced New York workers’ compensation attorney.
Immediate Steps to Take If Injured on The Job
If you are injured during the course of employment or suffered a work-related illness, it is important that you:
- Immediately give notice to your employer about your injury or illness, as failure to properly report an injury or illness may jeopardize your right to workers’ compensation benefits.
- Seek medical treatment for your injuries or illness.
- File a workers’ compensation claim with the help of an experienced New York workers’ compensation attorney.
Benefits Available In a Workers’ Compensation Claim
Workers’ compensation includes various benefits, such as:
- Medical Benefits: these benefits include the necessary medical care, such as doctor visits, hospital care, surgery, prescription medications and any other treatment you may need during your recovery.
- Cash Benefits: When you suffer a work-related injury or illness, you may also be entitled to receive two-thirds of your gross pay up to $600 per week. Because the exact amount differs and may change over time based on the specific facts of your case, you should consult with a New York workers’ compensation attorney for more information.
- Death Benefits: Certain surviving family members of workers who died due to a job-related accident or illness, such as a spouse and/or minor children, may be entitled to death benefits.
Our New York workers’ Compensation Attorneys Fight For You
Through the Law Offices of Kenneth A. Wilhelm, we assist our clients who are injured during the course of employment to understand their options by explaining the different types of injuries covered and the various definitions of “disabled” with regard to workers’ comp.
Our legal teams will investigate the facts of your case and determine whether there are any additional avenues that we can explore in getting you the full compensation that you deserve as an injured employee.
Contact Our New York Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Today!
We can even come to you and there is no attorneys fees unless we recover money for you.
If you or someone you know was injured during the course of employment or suffered a work-related injury, you should immediately call the New York workers’ compensation attorneys through the Law Offices of Kenneth A. Wilhelm. You can contact us toll free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800 WORK-4-YOU (1-800-967-5496). We can also help with personal injury cases in New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, or Florida.
If you have been seriously injured in any of the 50 U.S. states, please call us and we will try to help you with your case. Other toll free phone numbers for us include: 1-800-RADIO-LAW, 1-888-WYPADEK, or 1-800-LAS-LEYES. Please visit us at www.Work4YouLaw.com.