UBEZPIECZENIA PRACOWNICZE- WORKERS COMPENSATION
An accident at work can be a very hard life, physically and emotionally distracting. Although you may be eligible for Workers Compensation, your insurance company or your employer may be creating such problems that you may want to leave your case.
Therefore, it is important that you use the services of an attorney to help you and your family obtain the benefits you are entitled to.
Since 1971, the legal teams associated with Kenneth A. Wilhelm have been helping workers who have been injured at work obtain the benefits and compensation they are entitled to. We will use our experience and knowledge to help you with every aspect of your Workers’ Compensation case, from reporting to hearings and often appeals.
Under New York State law, employers are required to provide Workers Compensation to their employees in the event of an accident or occupational disease.
What to do after an accident at work
If you have an accident at work or an occupational disease, you should
- Immediately notify the employer of the accident or occupational disease, as failure to notify may impede your receipt of employment benefits.
- Go to a doctor or hospital for treatment
- Apply for Workers Compensation ideally with the help of an experienced solicitor
Benefits under Workers Compensation
- Medical services: medical care necessary, visits to the doctor’s office, hospital stay, surgery, medicines prescribed by a doctor and other services needed during treatment
- Cash benefits: When you are injured in an accident or as a result of an occupational disease, you may be entitled to 2/3 of your earnings up to a maximum of $ 600.00. The maximum amount varies frequently, so you should contact your workers compensation attorney.
- Death Benefits: Family members of the deceased in an occupational accident, such as wife, husband or children, may be eligible for death benefits.
If you or someone you know has an accident at work or an occupational disease
call the Kenneth A. Wilhelm attorney’s office. You can call for free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 1-888- ACCIDENT (1-888-997-2335) or 212-545-7373.