New York Negligence Injury Attorney
Negligence may be defined as the failure to use that degree of care that a reasonable person would have used under the same circumstances, and at the Law Offices of Kenneth A. Wilhelm, we litigate many types of negligent actions. We can even come to you at your home, hospital or on the job. If you don’t have a doctor to treat you for your injury, we may well be able to find doctors that can treat you without you paying them until the end of the case, and we can keep insurance adjusters from calling you.
Protecting others from harm does not require that someone have superhuman strength or possess true altruism, but asks that people take reasonable precaution so that their dependents, customers, clients, and the public at large is safe from foreseeable risk. The following are examples of people who were found negligent in cases where we received significant settlements:
- A construction manager for unsafe work conditions
- The landlord of a building where a bad door lock led to the rape of a woman inside
- Con Edison, because they placed yellow boards in the middle of a sidewalk, and those boards caused our client to trip and fall in broad daylight
- The owner of an apartment building where a child sustained lead poisoning from the interior paint
- Doctors who had employed improper birth practices and caused a baby to suffer brain damage
- Doctors who had employed improper birth practices and caused a baby to lose the use of his arm
- A church where a man slipped and fell, rendering him unable to walk for a brief period of time
- A reckless driver in a motor vehicle accident
In the case where our client slipped and fell on church premises, he sustained no fractures and he still received a $1,250,000 settlement through our efforts. This case was handled in a county that is notorious for low verdicts and settlements, and because everyone loves the church, that made it an even more difficult case to handle. When a bad door lock led to the rape of a woman inside, she received $800,000 through our efforts. On another case, we recovered $2,300,000 for a person who was injured because debris had been left in a walkway at a construction site. Click here to see more verdicts and settlements. These are only some examples of the wide range of negligence cases the Law Offices of Kenneth A. Wilhelm has handled, so if you or someone you know has been injured as the result of negligence, contact us immediately for your free consultation.
Negligence Cases or Claims
At the Law Offices of Kenneth A. Wilhelm, we will guide you through the process, explain your rights and we will do everything we can to help you get the most money for your case or claim. Call us 24 hours, 7 days a week at 1-800-WORK-4-YOU (1-800-967-5496). We can even come to you at your home, hospital or on the job.
If you found this article useful, please share it!