Manhattan Car Accident Attorney
Each year car accidents leave thousands of people with devastating injuries and serious financial difficulties. Many thousands more die. The Manhattan car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Kenneth A. Wilhelm represent victims who are injured in auto accidents caused by another’s negligence or carelessness. We will even come to your home, the hospital, or your place of employment.
The Grim Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that 30,196 people lost their lives in motor vehicle accidents in 2010. Only about half of these were drivers, which means that pedestrians, passengers, bicyclists, and others who had no control over the circumstances had their lives taken from them in a moment. Your Manhattan car accident attorney is dedicated to fighting for the rights of victims and their surviving loved ones. In one of our cases, we were able to settle a bicyclist’s case who was hit by a van for $5,600,000.
Factors Contributing to Car Accidents
Alcohol impairment accounts for a large number of injuries and fatalities on the road each year. Indeed, in 2010 a full 31% of all fatal crashes involved alcohol (NHTSA). Among other factors which contribute to injury crashes are:
- Distracted Driving: Changing the CD or radio station, eating a hamburger, talking on a cell phone—even carrying on a conversation with a passenger can cause just enough of a distraction for the driver to cause a serious accident. A growing problem is texting while driving.
- Excessive Speed: Everyone seems to be in a rush these days. This often translates into driving habits; individuals who drive faster than posted speed limits place themselves and others at needless risk of injury and even death.
- Road and Weather Conditions: Anyone who has ever driven on icy roads or in dense fog knows how dangerous weather conditions can make travel. Moreover, the road surface may be damaged or rough, or strewn with debris, which causes driving hazards.
- Mechanical Failure: Some drivers fail to maintain their vehicles properly. In other cases issues with design of the automobile can lead to a crash.
- Impairment: Alcohol and drugs are not the only forms of impairment for which a Manhattan car accident attorney sees injured clients. Simply driving while tired can lead to an accident, as can illness.
Filing a Claim
Filing a claim for damages can seem a straightforward and simply process, but insurance companies are rarely eager to settle. This is especially true if your injuries only become evident after the accident. Insurers are particularly reluctant to believe a claim for soft tissue injuries to the neck and back. Your best bet is to have a Manhattan car accident attorney representing your interests. Among the damages for which you may receive compensation are:
- Cost of medical care
- Physical therapy
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Damage to your vehicle and property
- Emotional trauma
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent lifelong injuries
Call Us for Assistance
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car crash the experienced New York personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Kenneth A. Wilhelm can help you better understand your legal rights and options. Please contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800 WORK-4-YOU (1-800-967-5496). We can also help with personal injury cases in New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, or Florida. If you have been seriously injured in any of the 50 U.S. states, please call us and we will try to help you with your case.
Other phone numbers for us are:
1-800-RADIO-LAW, 1-888-WYPADEK, OR 1-800- LAS-LEYES
Please visit us at Work4YouLaw.com
If you found this article useful, please share it!