Staten Island Construction Attorney
Our Legal Team Is Here to Fight For You
Construction is a necessary, but also inherently dangerous, line of work that can leave workers exposed to a wide range of accidents and injuries. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a construction site injury, our Staten Island construction attorneys can help.
Ever since 1971, we have been representing plaintiffs injured in construction accidents in the greater New York area and elsewhere. The legal team at the Law Offices of Kenneth A. Wilhelm is here to fight for your rights and get you the compensation that you deserve.
Types of Construction Accidents
Due to the inherent nature of construction sites and work, there are many dangers that come with being a construction worker. Under New York Labor Law statutes 200, 240, and 241(6), site owners and general contractors in charge of construction projects are obligated to protect the workers from these dangers. Unfortunately, these parties do not always fulfill their responsibilities, causing construction workers to suffer tragic injuries and even death.
At the Law Offices of Kenneth A. Wilhelm, our Staten Island construction attorneys understand that suffering from the devastating results of a construction accident can affect much more than your physical well-being – it can affect you and your family’s financial livelihood. As such, our legal team is ready to put our experience and dedication to work for you in construction cases involving:
- Falls from a height
- Defective machinery
- Defective or unsafe tools
- Exposed power lines
- Faulty scaffolding or other supports
- Building collapses
- Crane accidents
- Nail gun accidents
- Compressed gas accidents
- Electrical accidents
- Heavy equipment accidents
- Slip and fall accidents and trip and fall accidents
- Welding accidents
- Unsafe practices
- Accidents due to poor supervision and poor coordination, etc.
Regardless of what caused your construction accident, we are ready to work hard to get you the just compensation that you deserve for the injuries you have suffered.
Recovery Under New York’s Labor Laws
In the majority of states, construction workers who are injured on the job may not have any legal recourse outside of pursuing workers’ compensation benefits. However, the State of New York provides additional protection for injured construction workers under certain New York Labor Law statutes, allowing them to pursue compensation from liable property owners and/or general contractors, etc.
- Labor Law Section 200: This section obligates general contractors and property site owners to use reasonable care in the maintenance of a work site. These parties may be held accountable for injuries and accidents that occur if the accident was the result of a hazardous condition which they should have been reasonably aware of or made aware of.
- Labor Law Section 240: This section allows injured construction workers to bring lawsuits against property owners or general contractors who violate this section by holding them strictly liable for the injuries the workers suffered as a result of inadequate or missing safety equipment at elevated work sites, such as scaffolds.
- Labor Law Section 241(6): This section imposes a duty upon general contractors and/or site owners to comply with all provisions of the New York State Industrial Code.
We can even come to you. No attorneys’ fee unless we recover money for you.
At the Law Offices of Kenneth A. Wilhelm, we understand that you may be facing physical and emotional pain after a construction accident. Our experienced team of Staten Island construction attorneys can help you better understand your legal rights and options. Please contact us toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800 WORK-4-YOU (1-800-967-5496). We can also help with construction injury cases in New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, or Florida.
If you have been seriously injured in any of the 50 U.S. states, please call us and we will try to help you with your case. Other toll-free phone numbers for us include: 1-800-RADIO-LAW, 1-888-WYPADEK, or 1-800-LAS-LEYES. Please visit us at www.Work4YouLaw.com.