What should I do if I’ve been injured on someone else’s property?

Posted in and tagged by Kenneth A. Wilhelm, Esq.

If you are unable to move, you should call 911 or call for help. Do not try to move on your own until emergency personnel arrive. If you are able to move around, you should notify the property manager or owner etc. Make sure that you file an incident report and obtain a copy of the report. Collect contact information from anyone who may have witnessed the accident and photograph the dangerous conditions that contributed to the accident. Make sure to photograph the entire area to establish whether or not there were warning signs posted. Seek and obtain medical attention right away. This not only ensures that there is a record of your injuries, but also that you are on the road to recovery. Also call an experienced personal injury lawyer right after the accident.