There are a number of potential claimants in a wrongful death case. Determining who can file a claim can be a complex issue. Survivors who are typically entitled to pursue a wrongful death claim include:
- The spouse of the decedent
- The children of the decedent
- The decedent’s parents if the victim did not have any children
- The parents of the decedent if he or she was a child or minor
- Other people who were financially dependent on the decedent
- Brothers and sisters of the victim if there are no living parents or children
- The public administrator if no authorized relative exists.
If you found this article useful, please share it!
- No matches