The majority of personal injury cases, such as car accidents and slip and falls, settle without going to trial. Evaluating the damages you may be able to recover in a trial is crucial in reaching the best settlement.
In expertly evaluating your personal injury case prior to settlement, your New York City personal injury attorney may consider the following five important factors:
- Severity of the impact – the more impact the subject accident has on your life and the more serious injuries you have suffered, the more valuable your case may become.
- Bodily injuries – in evaluating your case, your attorney may look at the nature of your injuries, the length and type of treatment you have received, and the permanency of your injuries.
- Loss of income – your previous earning history and your potential future earnings may also play a significant role in the settlement value of your personal injury claim.
- Limitation on life’s activities – although this factor is generally specific to the individual involved, certain activities your Staten Island personal injury attorney may look at include work related tasks, household chores and hobbies.
- General damages – this refers to your pain and suffering from the date of loss to medical discharge, and future pain and suffering from date of discharge through life expectancy.
Contact a NYC Personal Injury Attorney Today!
We can even come to you. No attorneys’ fee unless we recover money for you.
If you or a loved one was injured due to the negligent or reckless actions of another party, the experienced Staten Island personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Kenneth A. Wilhelm can help you better understand your legal rights and options. Please contact us toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800 WORK-4-YOU (1-800-967-5496). We can also help with personal injury claims in New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, or Florida.
If you have been seriously injured in any of the 50 U.S. states, please call us and we will try to help you with your case. Other toll-free phone numbers for us include: 1-800-RADIO-LAW, 1-888-WYPADEK, or 1-800-LAS-LEYES. Please visit us at www.Work4YouLaw.com.
If you found this article useful, please share it!