There are a number of potential claimants in a wrongful death case. Determining who can file a claim can be a complex issue. Survivors who normally have the right to sue for wrongful death include:
- The spouse of the deceased
- The children of the deceased
- The parents of the deceased, if the victim had no children
- The parents of the deceased, if he or she was a child or minor
- Other people who depended financially on the deceased
- Brothers and sisters of the victim, if there are no parents or children who survive it
- The authorized public administrator if there are no relatives.
If you found this article useful, please share it!
- No matches