New York Accident Attorney
At the Law Offices of Kenneth A. Wilhelm, we represent victims who are injured or killed in accidents involving a car, bus, motorcycle, bicycle, moped or other form of motor vehicle or transportation.
We can even come to you at your home, hospital or on the job. If you don’t have a doctor to treat you for your injury, we may well be able to find doctors that can treat you without you paying them until the end of the case, and we can keep insurance adjusters from calling you.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, more than 5.5 million car crashes occurred in the US in 2009, 28% (1.5 million) of which caused at least minor injuries to those involved, and drivers suffered 66% of the injuries. Less than 1% (30,797) of the accidents were fatal, and 38% of these involved alcohol-impaired drivers.
Factors That Contribute to Transportation Accidents
Alcohol is only one of the many factors that contribute to transportation accidents. Below we have provided several other examples:
- Distraction - Drivers who are changing the radio station, using their cell phones, talking to a passenger, eating, disciplining children or pets, or grooming in the rearview mirror, are all more likely to get into a car accident than those who keep their attention on the road.
- Impairment - This can include tiredness, illness, prescription or illicit drugs, and of course, alcohol.
- Mechanical failure - If the car malfunctions or the engine dies, or if the tires blow out, these all constitute a mechanical failure that could cause an accident.
- Road conditions - Bad weather or obstacles in the road, including debris, snow and ice, can all make driving dangerous. Large Potholes or defective roadways can also cause accidents.
- Excessive speed – Speed limits are the maximum speed at which it is safe for a car to drive on that particular stretch of road. They are set at their levels for a reason, and drivers who ignore these rules put themselves and others at risk.
- Road design and layout - Some roads are not designed very well and have poor visibility, road markings and surface conditions.
Regardless of the cause, most transportation accidents are foreseeable and preventable, which makes the devastating physical and emotional effects on the victims and their families even worse. Many do not have the means to pay for the resultant medical bills, so our firm does everything it can think of to get you the compensation that you deserve. We will fight the insurance companies and take a case as far as is beneficial for you.
We won $2,000,000 for a child who broke his leg while on a motor scooter and $600,000 for the family of a man who was struck and killed when he rode his bike through a red light into a busy intersection. In the latter case, the man was found with marijuana in his system and we had three witnesses testify against us, but we fought until we recovered damages for his family. Click here to see more verdicts and settlements. Click here to see what our clients say about us.
If you or someone you know was injured or killed in a transportation accident, you should contact us immediately for your free consultation with accident lawyers NYC. Our New York accident attorney will explain your rights, guide you through the process and do everything we can to help get you the maximum amount of money for your case or claim. Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-WORK-4-YOU (1-800-967-5496). We can even come to you at your home, hospital or on the job.
If you found this article useful, please share it!